CALL for participation at the
International Sport Film Festival Slovenia – ISFF
Rogaška Slatina, 14 – 17 June 2023
»Culture Through Sport«
I. APPLICATION CONDITIONS
Production companies, producers, directors, individuals, public and private institutes, societies, associations and other organisations from Slovenia and abroad are eligible to apply for the call. We accept films of all genres and lengths. The only content-related condition is that the film should relate to sports. Films may be entered for the competitive part of the programme or the accompanying programmes. A film can be entered in the competitive programme provided the premiere screening took place after 1 January 2019. There are no time constraints for entries in the accompanying programmes.
All the films entered will be reviewed by the Festival’s programme selector; if deemed appropriate for screening at the Festival, they will be classified into corresponding award categories. Films selected for accompanying programmes will be classified for special screenings. All the incoming films will be viewed by the selector, who shall put together the programme in cooperation with the organisational committee and the Festival Director.
Applicants will be notified of selection by 15 May 2023, by email.
The applicants of films qualified for the Festival will be asked to send a copy of their film in DCP format, along with all the promotional materials, posters, flyers, banners, website links, film synopsis, etc., all of which will be used to promote the screening at the Festival.
Submission deadline of materials: till 31 May 2023.
The Festival participants allow the organisers to use their copyright work to promote the International Sport Film Festival Slovenia. The Festival organiser undertakes to handle the applicants’ data carefully and in line with the Personal Data Protection Act. By applying to the Festival, the participants also state that the details provided on the entry form are true and accurate, and that they will refrain from any actions that might cause material or moral damage to the reputation and interests of the organiser and others involved.
II. MINIMUM TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Format (screening): DCP 2K or 4K (unencrypted), HD file (ProRes, H264… )
- Speed 24 or 25 fps
- DCP (encrypted, unencrypted)
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1.85, 1:2.39, 16:9
- Audio 5.1, Stereo
- Subtitles: English translation of subtitles in .srt format, time-coded; time codes must match the film version being screened
- Entries shall be accepted at email@example.com and shall contain a completed entry form, which is available at www.isff.si.
- Entry deadline: 24 April 2023
- Entry is free of charge.
- If an applicant is entering several films, a separate entry form is required for each individual film.
- The best film of the festival shall receive the Grand PRIX award.
- The main prize shall be bestowed in each category/genre.
- Other prizes shall be bestowed as chosen by the Festival committee.
The Grand PRIX title recipient and winners of individual categories shall qualify for the final FICTS Festival in Milan (with the registration fee covered by Festival Slovenia).